Learn to setup virtual cloud servers and develop database-driven websites using the latest web technologies.
What you’ll learn:
- Understand the essentials of Local and Wide Area Networks
- Setup a basic network.
- Register a domain name with Domain Privacy
- Forward a domain, renew and administer a domain
- Configure Nameservers and DNS Zone Files
- Create and Configure a Testing server on a Local Windows or MAC System.
- Configure a Production web server on popular cloud hosting platforms.
- Create disk backups and install disk images on a virtual server
- Setup Ubuntu on a Virtual Machine
- Install and configure WAMP for Windows
- Install and configure MAMP for MAC
- Administer a remote server using PuTTY or Terminal
- Proficiently navigate the Linode Virtual Server Dashboard
- Configure Security Settings on a Virtual Ubuntu Server
- Scale a virtual server up and down depending on needs
- Install LAMP Stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, PhpMyAdmin) on a local and remote server
- Setup users and access privileges on an Ubuntu server
- Upload files using FileZilla FTP Client
- Create mobile responsive web applications using Bootstrap
- Create unique animated objects using jQuery
- Create and administer MySQL databases using PhpMyAdmin
- Create Web-based Login Authentication using PHP and MySQL
- Create the famous “Google Search Suggest” Feature using AJAX and PHP
- Create server and client side validation algorithms for web forms.
- Students will require an internet connection and PC or MAC Computer System.
- Please note that all required downloads are free.
- Text Editor such as Text Wrangler (MAC) or Notepad++ (Windows)
- FileZilla FTP Client (Downloaded in Section 9).
- PuTTY and PuTTY Key GEN for Windows users (Downloaded in Section 8).
- WAMP Server for Windows Users and MAMP Server for MAC Users (Downloaded in Section 7).
- Tight VNC Viewer for Windows Users and RealVNC Viewer for MAC Users (Downloaded in Section 8).
Who this course is for:
- No prerequisite knowledge required
- Students interested in a career in web development
- Students interesting in starting a web based business
- Students who want to transition from basic shared, vps or dedicated hosting packages to sophisticated cloud hosting solutions
- Students wanting to update or learn new programming skills using the latest web scripting languages
- Web Development enthusiasts
This course is fully compatible with the latest versions of Ubuntu (20.04 LTS, 18.04 LTS). You can also continue using 14.04 LTS or 16.04 LTS if you prefer, as the content is compatible with all versions.
The content is ideal for those interested in working as a web developer, launching a web application, or devoted enthusiasts. The concepts explored in this course are suitable for individuals of all skill levels. Each module starts with the fundamental concepts and gradually transitions into more advanced material.